Unmatched care, groundbreaking treatments
The UCI Health Comprehensive Prostate Cancer Program offers patients the most innovative treatment plans, tailored to their individual needs. Our focus on the whole patient, not just the symptoms, to ensure quality of life and well-being after treatment.
Our prostate cancer team includes the nation’s leaders in successful robot-assisted prostatectomies and pioneers in using high-intensity ultrasound, rather than scalpels or needles, to destroy tumors while sparing the rest of the prostate gland.
As part of Orange County’s only academic health system —with research and innovation powered by the University of California, Irvine — we also give our prostate cancer patients access to individualized therapies, technologies and clinical trials often not found in the region.
Why choose us
- UCI Health was the first institution in Southern California to offer minimally invasive, robot-assisted prostatectomy using the da Vinci Surgical System®, and our team now includes the nation’s leading specialists in this procedure.
- Under program director Dr. David I. Lee, we now offer robot-assisted prostatectomies on an outpatient basis for many patients.
- We are national leaders in laparoscopic surgery with the Karl Storz OR1 operating room technology.
- We also were among the first to adopt Artemis, a revolutionary biopsy technology that combines 3D imaging, a robotic arm and a needle guidance system to determine the exact location of prostate cancer cells that may otherwise be missed.
- Our multidisciplinary team of specialists includes urologists, urologic cancer surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and other healthcare experts who work together to explore all your options and give you the best treatment for your specific needs.